NFL DFS Preseason Week 3 Picks and Blog
Each week of the NFL DFS preseason we’ll be outlining some of the important situations to monitor that impact the roster construction for that week’s games. The NFL Preseason DFS Week 2 is here with a few slates covering a few different days. We’ve already outlined some important strategic considerations for each week of the preseason.
In Week 3 the highest scoring players will likely be starting-caliber NFL players, particularly at Quarterback. Backups in tight positional battles may also get an extended look playing both with starters and with backups. Last year’s highest-scoring QBs included Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson and Andy Dalton.
At a team level, we are looking at positional scoring averages for QBs of roughly 15 DK points, RBs 25 DK points, WRs 35 DK points, and TEs 10 DK points. These averages could then be used to cascade down based on depth.
Positional Depth (Roster Counts from FantasyData)
Last Updated at 3PM August 21st
News and Notes (Last Updated 8/15 at 9AM)
- TEAM BEAT WRITER LISTS (https://twitter.com/clevergroom/lists/)
- Shurmur playing things close to the vest for NYG with mostly speculation on playing time and it wouldn’t be surprising to see a similar setup to Week 2. This would leave Paul Perkins / Rod Smith as RB considerations (thin depth chart + positional battle) and Daniel Jones a QB consideration.
- AJ Green, Drew Sample, Trayveon Williams, Cody Core, John Ross among Bengals expected to miss. Boyd, Josh Malone, Alex Erickson potential WR considerations.
- Update: This article suggests that the Bengals starters could play the entire first half.
- Justice Hill continues to impress in the preseason and both him and Chris Moore could get extended looks. Marquise Brown and Seth Roberts both missed the last practice before the TNF game.
- Earlier this week Pederson implied the Eagles will continue to rest their starters leaving 2nd string depth the players to target. With Goedert and Rodgers also sitting at TE could be a thin (but low talent) position.
- Guice, McLaurin among Redskins names to watch as starters play more. Guice to get “a few carries” while WRs Trey Quinn and Paul Richardson both expected to sit. No decision on Jordan Reed. Keenum could play a bit more with another long look at Haskins. Unclear who will start for correlation purposes between Keenum and Haskins.
- Freeman set to get a small amount of action at RB followed by Ito Smith / Brian Hill and rookie Quadree Ollison. Matt Ryan played 31 snaps last game. Gage to miss the game at ATL WR so with Julio also sitting we could see more of Gray, Zaccheus, Blake, etc.
- Cam Newton expected to play 3 to 4 series as will the entire starting lineup before Kyle Allen takes over at QB with even reps for him and Grier. Rivera also stressed wanting to get a look at WRs 4-6 and rookie RBs Scarlett and Holyfield.
- Harry (if he plays), Kendricks, among names who need to prove themselves while Stidham, Meyers and Damien Harris continue to log valuable preseason reps. Brady and the starters played 30 snaps in Week 3 of the 2018 preseason and with plenty of question marks at WR (Edelman, Harry, Dorsett, DT) we’ll want to monitor status.
- Jaguars starters to get their first action vs the Dolphins. Names ruled out include Marquis Lee, Alfred Blue, Geoff Swaim, Josh Oliver and Charles Jones (TE).
- Dolphins not practicing yesterday include Drake, Parker, Wilson. Dolphins writer speculates that the starters could play the 1st half but still split QB snaps between Fitz and Rosen
- On a foreign field in Winnipeg this article speculates Raiders starters may not play much and Vic speculates Jacobs won’t play which would mean a lot more Mike Glennon and Peterman. Keelan Doss flagged as a name to watch.
- Rodgers also TBD as to if he will play but do expect to play Aaron Jones and Jamaal Williams a series or two